This tournament will have two sections: each section will have a $10 entry fee and play 4 rounds (G/30+5)
Section 1 (Booster Section):
- Any student can play if they have their coach’s approval.
- This section is great for a first-time Tournament player!
- Score of 3.0 in this section will earn qualification to section 2!
Section 2 (Advancement Section):
- This section is open to players below the 400 USCF rating level (over-the board or online)
- This section is 'norm' eligible! Norms are a tracking system of a player's achievements in events. Once a player has earned 2 norms, they will qualify to play in the next level with more experienced players!
- To earn a norm, you must score at least 3 out of 4 tournament points and pass the Category 5 Title requirements (The title 5 category reuirements will be posted online)
- Once a player has earned their two norms, they will receive their 5th category certification and be eligible to play in category 4 tournaments!